Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cousins Celebrate After 64 Years





My cousin, Ken, and his wife, Cheryl, arrived Sunday evening. They are on their way to visit their daughter that lives about an hour and one-half from us. They were staying until Tuesday morning and would be traveling down to stay another week or so with their daughter, son-in-law and grand baby. I decided to invite my oldest cousin, Ron, and my brother, Terry, to lunch. Everyone was able to arrange their schedule to make it to lunch.


My grandmother kept her two only grandchildren, at the time, while their mothers worked. So consequently Ron and Ken played together as very young children. Ken was four when his family moved to California. Ron remembers well them playing together, but Ken was just too young to recall their adventures. It has been 64 years since they last saw each other and it was the FIRST time we all had been together, ever. It was really a great day!



Standing is my brother, Terry, on the left, who is the youngest of the group, on the right is my cousin, Ron, who is the oldest. Seated is my cousin, Ken and myself.




It was a really great day. We all had a wonderful time being together. I hope this is the beginning of other reunions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, what a wonderful week you've had. A lot of years altogether in that photo isn't there?!!! Glad you could all catch up, what fun.