Monday, October 1, 2007

FISH FRY? FOR THE AMEICAN HEART ASSOCIATION?

This sign is on the lawn of the county court house. A picture can be worth a thousand words, but I just HAVE to make a comment here. What were these people thinking!? Having a FISH FRY to raise money for the AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION! I would think a barbeque would be better than a FISH FRY. Normally, when you have a fish fry there are also fries (as in fried potatoes), hush puppies, which is fried cornbread with onions and cold slaw. There are four items, three of which are FRIED.

2 comments:

George Online Cat said...

Wow. A fish fry sounds delicious. I'd eat the fish and Celia, my human pet, would get stuck into the corn bread and onions (and whatever fish I left). Just what we need as a fund raiser for Cats Protection!

June Cutoff Cash said...

Okay, that is a tad appalling. Why not have a smoking festival?

That said, I do agree with the commenter above. Sounds delish!