Friday, March 2, 2007

FOUND TREASURE


Yesterday I was in the midst of cleaning house, which evolved into cleaning our closets. Then the cleaning task turned into an attemtp to create more space in my closet. When we moved into this house in 1976 our closets were so spacious. Perhaps the reason might have been, we didn't have very many clothes back then. We could fit all our clothes in those two closets. Now we have to move our clothes as the seasons change to a closet upstaris.

In the process of working on the closet, I decided I needed something from Wal-Mart to make the space more efficient. However, I never made it to Wal-Mart I detoured to another business establishment, which will remain unnamed, to make my purchase.

I ran into one of the sons of our beloved builder, Homer. We chatted for a few minutes to get caught up on family news, then made my way to the cash register. Do they still call the checkout computer a cash register?. I stepped up to pay for my items and I found an envelope with a nice amount of cash in it. When I saw it I immediately knew it contained money--cash money. It was kinda plump, it just looked like it had money in it. Sure enough, cold hard cash. I counted it, put it back in the envelope and called the clerk. I told her I had found the money and presented it to her for the rightful owner to claim. However, before turning it over the the lady I placed one of our business cards in the envelope with my name written on it (Hubby's was printed on the card) with a handwritten note stating, "I'm the person that found your money." I put the card in the envelope in hopes the rightful owner will call me just to say, "thank you". I can assure you I am checking back today to see if anyone has made claim to the money.

Most people would question me as to why I turned the money in. Well, there is a principle of sowing and reaping and I want to sow seeds of honesty, expecting to reap a harvest of honesty. You cannot sow seeds of dishonesty and expect to reap honesty. Put it another way, what goes around, comes around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so did you get the money or did the clerk?!! it sounded a considerable sum.I feel for the person who lost it.

Hey kerry, love those wheels.